January 10, 2007
"Last weekend was really fun for us. John got some last minute tickets to a marriage seminar at the Embassy Suites in Phoenix, so we got to stay overnight in a nice hotel room and go to a few sessions with an LDS Marriage Counselor. He taught some great lectures on how to 'Magnify Your Marriage.'
"Even though John and I have a wonderful relationship and we think we're really good at communicating, I still struggle with discussing conflicts, and he struggles with listening without judging and trying to solve the problem. So we had the chance to practice with a few scenarios using a conversation pattern to help us organize our thoughts, to better share our feelings and help us understand what the other person is trying to say."
"It was really difficult for me to get used to, because I'm so used to bottling things up like my mom, and I know it gets really frustrating for John because he's a problem solver. So it was a good eye-opener for us, and it was fun to get away for a weekend!"

No comments:
Post a Comment