December 31, 2005
"John is here for Christmas! Yay! His plane flew in on Thursday night, and we've just been hanging out with my family and finishing up some of his homework for school. We went to 'On The Border' for lunch before we went and saw 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' at the movie theater. We stayed pretty late at Mom and Dad's on Christmas Eve, so I didn't drop him off at Joe's apartment until 1:00 in the morning."
"I was so tired that I knew I'd fall right to sleep when I got home. But when I opened the door to my apartment and turned on the Christmas tree lights, there was glass shattered all over the living room floor and a big rock in the center of the room. I looked over at the window and saw that it had been almost completely torn away. My computer, TV, and DVD player was still there, and so was my roommate's CD player. The first thing I thought was that someone could still be in the apartment, so I quickly shut the door and ran to my car. I drove back to Joe's apartment to get John, and I started to cry as soon as I saw him because I was so scared. John called the police for me, and then we drove back to the apartment so we could meet the officer there. We went back inside and showed him the damages, and still nothing was missing. John helped me patch up the window with cardboard and blankets, and I packed a bag to stay over at my parents house. After calling the landlord and letting her know what had happened, getting John back home, and crashing on the couch at my parent's house, I was out like a log by 3:30."
"I only managed to get about 2 hours of sleep before going to pick up John on Christmas morning. I got him a beanie hat, wool socks, thermal underwear, pajama pants, a Nerf basketball hoop, and a Jack Johnson CD. John got me a matching hat, scarf, and glove set that was really nice, and he got me a calendar with pictures of Arizona on every page. I loved it!"
"We hung out at Brian and Angie's house that night with Bill, Jeana, and Joe, and the next morning we drove to Eastern Idaho to meet my family in Sugar City. We listened to 'First Comes Love' while we were driving, and we wrote down some goals as we talked the whole way. We came up with a pretty good list, covering everything from Finances to Spirituality. It was such a good conversation and we really learned a lot about each other."
"We had lunch at Lisa's and all my family started popping up everywhere. It was awesome! John was so laid back and playful with everyone, just like he always is, and they loved him. :) Bryan and Jodi and Zane and Cheree came over with their kids, and the house was packed. It reminded me of how it used to be when we lived there, except now everyone is extremely TALL! We visited for a while and then went to see 'Fun With Dick and Jane' with all my cousins. John and I played the 'annoying theater laugh' game, and all my cousins were embarrassed... laughing hysterically... but totally embarrassed."
"John stayed at Grandma Ward's house that night while I stayed at Tara's. After breakfast I took John on a tour around Sugar City and showed him where I used to live and the schools I went to. Then we had lunch at Tara's before heading back to Boise. It was fun to see my family and for them to meet John. When we got back to Boise we showed Dad the SNL movie with Will Ferrell. He was laughing really loud through the whole movie, so after he left the room John started imitating his laugh and he sounded just like him. I almost died laughing!"
"We went out to lunch the other day with my friend Casandra and her fiance Paul. They told us how Paul had done 8 fake proposals before finally asking her for real. That would have driven me insane! After lunch we drove over to the Anniversary Inn to take a free tour of their themed hotel rooms, since we didn't have anything else to do, and it was actually really cool!"
"We hung out with Brian and Angie one night, then went to Boondocks and played laser tag with Bill and Jeana the next day. We even had time to teach my brothers how to play Settlers of Catan at Jason's house this week. On New Years Eve we went to the big institute party at the Student Union Building. John and I played a few arcade games and a couple of rounds of pool. We wanted to go sing karaoke like I did last year, but there were too many people signed up for it, so when a group of guys got up there to sing an N'SYNC song, John just jumped up there with them!"
"Five minutes before midnight we went into the dance hall and did the countdown with everyone. I finally got my first New Years Eve kiss! We've spent a lot of time together this week, talked a lot about the wedding and our future goals, and it brought us even closer. I didn't want this week to end. I can't believe we're getting married in five and a half months! I only have four and a half months left before I graduate from college! Then I'll be moving to Arizona! This year is going to be great!"


No comments:
Post a Comment