Spring Break in AZ

April 3, 2006
"John picked me up from the airport and we went out to eat with his mom and her friend Jenny. We talked about wedding stuff and then went back to Jody's house to look through a box of John's childhood photos. He was such a cute little blonde haired, blue-eyed heart breaker! And every story behind every picture made me laugh. We're going to make a slide show and hopefully show it at the wedding reception. I can't wait to put it together."
"The next day John had to work, so I started scanning some of John's pictures so I could email them to myself and work on the slideshow at home. I ran a few errands with 'Momma' Speirs before John came home from work, and the first thing he did when he got there was run up the stairs to give me a kiss! :) Ha ha!"
"We ate dinner on the patio and then went for a drive. He took me to the Mesa Temple and we walked around and looked at all the pretty flowers."
"We sat on the same bench where he prayed for his confirmation after we got engaged, and we talked about how awesome it was to be together at this same spot again. We've accomplished a lot in the last seven months, and it's hard to believe that the wait is almost over."
"We went back to the Speirs' house and watched 'That Thing You Do'. It was a good movie, but I kept falling asleep because I was so comfortable wrapped up in John's arms. Last month I had an interview with the bishop and met an engaged couple sitting next to me. We started talking about our upcoming weddings, and they asked me how often I get to see John. When I told them only once a month they look shocked. 'How do you survive?' they asked. I guess it's moments like these when we're together that keep me going."
"In the morning John took me to our house in Maricopa so I could see what it looked like from the inside. He made us some Macaroni and Cheese for lunch, and then we went to the jewelry store to pick out a wedding band to go with my engagement ring. We went back to the Speirs' house and soaked our feet in the backyard pool for a while. It kinda felt like we were kids again. Maybe it was the rolled up pant legs and bare feet that reminded me of wading in the river. Plus, John kept making fun of my little stubby toes. It was such a nice night to be outside."
"On Saturday we went to Ashleigh's soccer game and then stopped at KFC to grab some lunch and had a picnic at the park with just the two of us. We got back to the Speirs' house in time to watch the afternoon session of General Conference, and then we got ready for Jenn to take our Engagement pictures. We drove out to the Ocotillo Golf Course, and there were ponds and waterfalls and palm trees all over the place. It looked so pretty!"
"We watched Conference on Sunday morning at Jana's house, and Scott said the girls were asking where I was the minute they woke up. 'You're already the favorite and you aren't even official yet!' It will be fun living close to them. We visited Brother Ethington after conference and then played 'Curses' at Jana's house until it was time to leave. When we started dishing out hugs to everyone I said, 'See you at the wedding!' WHAT?! 'See you at the wedding' sounded so different than 'next time' or 'in a few months'. The next time I see them with be at the wedding, and the next time I come down here to Arizona will be when I MOVE."
"Saying goodbye to John that night was heartbreaking. It will be six weeks until my graduation, so I won't get to see him until May. John said, 'Alright, it's gonna hurt like a band-aid, so let's just hurry up and rip it off!' Ha ha! So he walked me to the door and we finally said goodnight. He took me to the airport the next morning, and we decided that the separation was always harder on the 'home team' after the weekend is over, because when I leave him from the airport he gets more depressed, and when he leaves me from the airport I get more depressed. I guess it's because the memories of that weekend still linger for the next few days, but the other half isn't there anymore and life feels empty again. He gave me one last kiss goodbye and watched me walk into the terminal."

No comments:

Post a Comment