I'm Officially A Nurse!

September 6, 2006
"It hasn't been easy preparing myself for this test, but after weeks of training at the hospital and everyone sharing their encouragement, I finally felt read to take my NCLEX exam. John gave me a priesthood blessing that morning, then we drove to the testing center together. They took my picture and finger prints and had me leave my purse in a locker. I sat down at a computer and put my ear plugs in, said a prayer in my heart, and started my exam. The rest was a blur, and by the time I finished I had no clue what to think."
"It was Labor Day weekend, so the results took a few days to be posted. John and I celebrated the anniversary of our engagement by eating dinner at Carabas. We had hoped to go back up to Scottsdale and ride the Gondolas like we did on our engagement night, but the weather wasn't cooperating. Since we both didn't have to work on Labor Day, we went to a barbecue at Jana's house. I used her computer to check the website to see if my test results were available, and they WERE! I had PASSED my exam!"
"I ran outside screaming, 'John! I PASSED! I PASSED!' He wasn't expecting me to find out until Wednesday, so the look of surprise on his face was just what I wanted to see. He told me he was proud of me and that he knew I would pass with flying colors. It was such a relief!"
"It's still hard for me to believe that I'm finally finished. After all those years of school, I'm finally a Registered Nurse!"

No comments:

Post a Comment