August in Boise

August 7, 2005
"John flew into Boise on Friday night and we made plans to meet some friends of mine at the bowling alley. We were the first ones to arrive, so John and I went ahead and started our game. When my friend Mallory showed up she tried to sneak up behind John and grab his bowling ball in mid-swing. It caught him off guard, so he set the ball down, grabbed Mallory's leg, ripped her shoe off her foot and threw it down the lane gutter. 'By the way, I'm John. It's nice to meet you Mallory.' Let's just say these two were trouble makers for the rest of the night."
"We were going to play games at Mallory's house after we went bowling, so while we were picking up some games at another friend's house, John hopped into Mallory's car and drove it onto the neighbor's lawn and turned on her bright headlights and left it there! She had to run over and move it before the neighbors came out and started getting upset. What a crazy night!"
"The next day we went to Boondocks and played mini-golf and had a lot of fun."
 "John taught me how to putt and I got a hole-in-one on the first hole! The rest of the course was a different story though... He won, of course, and I walked away with a wet pant-leg from a sprinkler attack on the 9th hole. :) Later that night we went to see a cute movie called "Bewitched" with Brian and Angie, and John was trying to play his fake-loud-and-obnoxious-theater-laugh game, and it made me laugh even harder. But I think he embarrassed Brian and Angie. I would have done it with him, but I was too busy taking care of my runny nose. (Stupid cold!)"
"After church on Sunday we hung out at Mom and Dad's with Jason and Brandon. John was trying to get Brandon to tell him some embarrassing stories about me, but Mom was in the room and most of them are about me cussing at work, so I told him not to. :) Then we headed over to Brian and Angie's and had dinner with Bill and Jeana. Joe called while we were there and it sounded like he was talking to Bill about moving to Boise soon. Bill was saying stuff about Boise being the land of promise for finding good girlfriends and he said, 'Me, Brian, and John all found our wives here, so it's definitely the place to be!' John turned and looked at me and said, 'Did you catch that? Since when did we get married?' Then he just smiled."
"We played games for a few hours before I had to head home. John walked me out to my car and we talked about the next few months and trips we've planned before he comes up here again for Christmas. I told him I couldn't believe how long we were planning on living this far apart and that we're still determined to make it work. He said, 'I know, but it's worth it. You'll be done with school next Spring and we'll be able to close this gap between us and not have to worry about it again.' So I smiled mischievously at him and said, 'You really want to marry me, huh?' I think it embarrassed him a little bit, but he smiled and looked at me and said, 'I think you already know the answer to that question.' We kissed each other goodbye and he gave me one last hug to 'make it through the bad days'. Then he stood and watched me drive away... again. :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment