July 30, 2005
"Okay... I'm dying! :) I knew the distance was going to be harder than before, but I didn't think it would be THIS hard. I can't concentrate at work, and John can't do his homework, because all we want to do is talk to each other. We're going through withdrawals! Monday wasn't too bad because I had so much paperwork to come back to, so it kept me busy. But yesterday I got to talk to John twice at the office because he didn't feel like working, which isn't a good thing because he needs to stay focused so he can enroll more students."
"We realized we had a problem; we are simply addicted to each other. And it doesn't help that we are spoiled enough to have free long distance minutes to talk to each other whenever we want, and that he makes enough money to afford buying airplane tickets every month. We talked about it while I sat in my hammock, and the more we talked, the more I missed him and wanted to be with him. I felt so frustrated and helpless because there really isn't anything we can do unless I give up school and move down there. As bad as I want to do that, I know John wouldn't let me because he knows how important it is for me to finish my degree. But we had to figure something out because neither one of us was getting anything done. So we decided to put all phone calls on hold until the weekend so we could focus on our responsibilities for the week. I almost cried at the thought of not talking to him for 5 days, but there was nothing else we could think of."
"Our plan didn't last long, though. I spent all day at the office focusing on paperwork and catching up on my journal. I went and visited my elderly friend Lois and took her window shopping for a kitten. When we got back to her house my mom called her to tell me that I had left my cell phone at the house and John had tried to call me 4 times! I hugged Lois and ran out the door. When I called him back he said he couldn't stand it anymore and that we needed a new plan. :) So now we're going to talk on Tuesdays and Thursdays and all weekend long; still not the greatest, but better than before. I miss him so much!"
"My Grandparents came into town this weekend and brought my cousin Tara with them. So while I was in my room talking to John on our webcams, everyone kept coming in to see how our computer chats worked. So I got to introduce John to Grandma and Grandpa Bartschi on the webcam, and they were amazed at how cool our 'new technology' is. Dad happened to be standing behind me with his hands on his hips, but John couldn't see his face in the camera so he asked, 'Is that your dad behind you? Because he looks like he wants to kill me by the way he's standing. I can't see what his face is doing.' Dad just left the room laughing."



No comments:
Post a Comment