May 7, 2005
"I was talking to John tonight and he was asking how my test went today (which I only studied for an hour before I took it - so not as well as I should have done). So jokingly he says, 'What kind of example are you setting for your children?' and I replied, 'Oh ya, one day I'll pull out my college transcript and show my kids my grades, and they'll look at this semester and say, 'Jeeze mom, what happened?' and I'll say, 'Oh, that was the semester I met YOUR.... Wait, I MEAN, This really awesome GUY that got me distracted."
"I was talking to John tonight and he was asking how my test went today (which I only studied for an hour before I took it - so not as well as I should have done). So jokingly he says, 'What kind of example are you setting for your children?' and I replied, 'Oh ya, one day I'll pull out my college transcript and show my kids my grades, and they'll look at this semester and say, 'Jeeze mom, what happened?' and I'll say, 'Oh, that was the semester I met YOUR.... Wait, I MEAN, This really awesome GUY that got me distracted."
"I couldn't believe I let that thought slip out of my mouth! My face turned bright red and my eyes started to water because I was laughing so hard from embarrassment. Lucky for me, John was laughing too. He sarcastically suggested that maybe we needed to have a DTR conversation (Define the Relationship), but I declined and told him we could save it for when I come down to Arizona for Memorial Day. Then we moved on and started talking about other things. Mom and I had a good laugh about it afterward, but now she thinks I opened the flood gates and things are going to start moving pretty quickly."
"A week later we talked on the phone, and we're both so excited for Memorial Day we can hardly stand it. I can't concentrate on final exams with all this excitement, and John made the comment a few days ago that he had a hard time getting his work done because of it. Then he told me he tried to get his mind off it by thinking what it would be like if things DIDN'T work out between us, and his mind went blank, like he physically couldn't picture what life would be like without me because it makes too much sense NOT to work out. So I guess you could call that a 'mini-DTR' if you wanted. I guess mom was right - I did open the flood gates with that little slip-of-the-tongue."
"I moved into my first apartment with my friend Mallory this week. It's a tiny studio apartment in downtown Boise, and it's only going to be for the summer while I'm taking my microbiology class. But I'm excited for the experience!"
"On Thursday John sent me the best gift in the whole world. He made a movie of himself playing the guitar and singing, and he put it on a CD so I could watch it on my computer in my little apartment. It was so incredible, but it made me miss him even more!"
"I moved into my first apartment with my friend Mallory this week. It's a tiny studio apartment in downtown Boise, and it's only going to be for the summer while I'm taking my microbiology class. But I'm excited for the experience!"
"On Thursday John sent me the best gift in the whole world. He made a movie of himself playing the guitar and singing, and he put it on a CD so I could watch it on my computer in my little apartment. It was so incredible, but it made me miss him even more!"


No comments:
Post a Comment